Sunday 5 October 2014

Home made Raw Energy (Monkey) Balls, great for protein.

I have decided to start blogging about food every so often. Mainly cause I enjoy cooking and sharing the recipes that I have found with others. Also, as a vegan I want to show people how easy it is to make delicious dishes without animal ingredients. I will try to keep a monkey theme to the recipes. 

As a lot of people always ask me where I get my protein from I thought I would start with a high protein snack.

So here goes...... 


Raw Energy (Monkey) Balls. 


When I first tried these balls I was astounded with two things. 1, the amazing taste & 2, how easily they apparently were to make.

One week later I gave it a go and I can honestly say it was actually very easy indeed. You can also mix and match the seeds and nuts you use, so it is a quite versitile recipe that you can adapt to how you like it. 

I only had ground almonds so that was my nut base, and I used a mix seed pack containing Pumpkin, Sunflower, Sesame & Linseeds. As I didn't have raw Cacao powder I used Coco, but I doubled the quantities as it is not as strong. When I had finished making the balls I rolled them in desiccated coconut; just cause I love coconut. Then an hour in the freezer to help them firm up. I have been advised that if stored in a container they can keep for up to six weeks in the fridge.



This recipes origins come from a food blogger named "Delciously Ella" and this link will take you to the recipe. CLICK HERE. 

Why not give it a go and let me know how you get on; a picture would be great. 

                                                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: 
"The views and opinions expressed in the Diary of a Primatologist blog (except guest posts) are purely my own and are not in any way linked to any organisations I may represent or work with unless otherwise stated. All photos are my own unless otherwise stated and a source will be provided where other photos are used. If they are your photos and you would like them removed please just ask. The author retains full copyright for all content and photos and written permission is required before their use. The owner of the site is not liable for any content accessed through links posted."

No comments:

Post a Comment